Tuesday, September 14, 2010

updates


Things have been busy here! Gavin is loving 2nd grade as well as starting soccer season and lacrosse practices. Merritt started 4 day preschool and is maybe kind of starting to adjust to that schedule (?). He comes home happy, which is what matters. And hungry. Man, these boys can eat. Ian is walking, and entertaining me with his little antics. Like when I ask him if he wants a snack, he nods yes vigorously and says 'yeah, yeah' in his breathy little voice. He is growing so quickly that he and Merritt are looking even closer in age than they are. In the mornings, I often have a hard time telling who is yelling 'MOM!' from their room.

This past weekend I was reminded how, well, easy it was to have 2 kids (it's all perspective, because when I only had 2 I would have protested if someone were to say that). The young boys and I hung out at home while David and Gav went to Camp Seagull Father/Son Camp on the coast. It's a wonderful YMCA camp (or so I have been told my my eldest!), and they had a great time sailing, doing the zip line, fishing, archery, BBs (much to my utter dismay), kickball, etc. Gavin is completely pumped to go back, and also wants to go to the week-long overnight camp there next summer (ALONE!). And today he told me how great it will be when he turns 10 so he can go for 2 or 4 weeks. Wow. Here is a picture of Gav with his double catch...apparently shrimp make yummy bait!

1 comment:

Proud Parents said...

WOW, fantastic picture of the three boys! Sounds like the school routine is in full force!