Today I unknowingly sat down at the computer during my children's too-short nap to update this here blog. To find that iphoto and all 24,000 pictures were GONE. I immediately entered the grief cycle. I slammed into the disbelief stage like someone slapped me in the face. I sat emotionless staring at my computer, and then as if a wave washed over me, I started to panic. Can't breathe can't think panic. I called David but he was busy, like, saving someone's life. Frantically I tried everything, thinking for sure it was hidden somewhere, that I couldn't have possibly scrapped every precious picture I have taken for myself and others in the matter of seconds.
Thankfully, trusty neighbor and friend Brenda was reached, and she talked me down from my perch of panic. Talked some sense into me. Reminded me that we have a remote back-up for our pics. That isn't in our house. Safe from me, apparently.
And when David came home this evening, our iphoto and all 24,000 still lifes of our not so still life were restored. And I hugged our computer. And my husband. And I owe Brenda a hug.
No comments:
Post a Comment