Merritt and Ian were baptized a few weeks ago (finally) and because I am miserably behind on my posts, I am now just getting around to posting the pictures. Our dear friends Brenda and Cheryl attended, and the boys all did great. The thought did enter my mind, "NOW I fully understand why people do this when they are tiny little infants. Who don't talk. Or run away." But actually the act of baptism almost felt more meaningful doing it at this age for us. It's easy to get up in front of the church with a sweet little newborn and make the promises we made, but I think a little more though-provoking to stand up there with these little people who every day I am challenged to raise in the faith and make the right decisions for. It was a beautiful morning. As you can see, Ian thought it was hilarious to have handfuls of water poured over his head. Our pastor commented at that moment that there was joy in Heaven. And I admit there was relief here on Earth!
No comments:
Post a Comment