Friday, May 18, 2012

school updates (warning: LOTS of pictures)

Let's start with Gavin. It's been another fantastic school year, of course. Great school, great teachers, great kid. He is sad to see it coming to an end (as are we...). The 3rd grade took their big trip to Topsail Island to tour the Sea Turtle Hospital and present the money they raised from their gift shop/bake sale. David went as a chaperone. It was an amazing, memorable day (or so I have been told!).
Here is the duo at 5:30, getting ready to walk over to school.


 Gavin got to present the check in front of everyone. I am so proud of him!

Ian has ONE day of preschool left his year. Do you know how sad that makes me, on so many levels??
Thursday I was invited to class to watch their little performance and share a snack. It was a sweet (bittersweet?) time. My baby is growing up and this is the last 2 day 2's year. Don't even get me started. It's been a wonderful and sweet year.


These pictures are of his sweet, loving teachers. I couldn't have asked for a better year.


And now for Mr. Merritt. Merritt LOVES learning about animals, so this last unit in pre-k has been a blast for him. They wrapped up the unit by having their safari party. Complete with professional face painters and real wild animals (I didn't get pictures of the African porcupine, lemur, owl, and large ALLIGATOR that showed up at the party). It was AWESOME. Check out my little tiger and his fantastic day.





Because his face was so incredibly awesome, we left it on all day and then had to take A LOT of pictures to remember it. Here are some of my favorites.


No comments: