Every year we go to the beach, I talk about how cool it would be to take surfing lessons. But my healthy respect of the ocean coupled with the fact that NO ONE on vacation with me would probably sign up to do it made me realize that I am just gonna have to wait until Gavin is a year or two older so I have someone to sign up with and take the plunge (or, more appropriately, several plunges).
But, this year I discovered some paddle board lessons and it seemed just challenging enough to make me want to take lessons but not crazy enough to scare away fellow vacationers. After a little bit of talking it up, I had two partners in crime - Carrie and Sarah.
We took the lessons soundside so we didn't have the break of the ocean or the waves to deal with. It turned out to be an amazing and fun and really quite easy 2 hours on the sound. We saw all sorts of birds and even 4 river otter. It's a super fun workout and there is nothing like being way out on the water plotting your own course. Now I want to buy a paddle board.
This is before we hit the water. Instruction time.
I'm focusing on...
...this. Hee-hee. Our instructor Adam.
Yup, I am feeling ready.
Here is our little class leaving the small inlet leading out to the sound.
Me and the water.
Posing at the end in front of the Corolla lighthouse. What a wonderful morning!
Next year?
Paddle boarding oceanside!

No comments:
Post a Comment