My parents have officially moved from Ohio to Florida! Last time I saw them at their Ohio house, they had some pictures hanging up on the walls that they hadn't packed up yet (and I think the packing process was feeling very old by then) and this one caught my eye. They know the woman who painted it (from my hometown in Michigan) and I instantly knew it would look fresh and bright...after I did something about that gold frame. But alas, we had so much junk luggage in the car that there was absolutely no room for this painting to travel back to NC.
Then a few weeks ago, I noticed a large box on my front porch - the painting!
I quickly started planning how to say bye-bye to that gold frame.
The back of the frame had brown paper covering where the picture was fastened into the frame with nails. I carefully tore it away, to find this, which made the picture seem even more sweet and special:
After carefully removing the canvas painting, I took it outside for some spray paint action...
And, here is the final piece!
I love how it matches the dark cabinets but the colors of the sea really pop. I am also thrilled to find a way to modernize an older frame and picture to work with our modern decor. And oh, how I do love a good project!
Thank you mom and dad for packing that up and sending it our way!



No comments:
Post a Comment