Saturday, April 5, 2014

ugly dolls

Last Sunday, Gav had a lacrosse practice and it was chilly and rainy out. The little boys and I stayed home and decided it was a great day to sew Ugly Dolls, as this was something we have talked about for a long time but never quite seemed to find the perfect day for. 
They started out by drawing a sketch of their doll, then we made a larger template/pattern.
 Next, they searched through all my scrap fabric and chose their pieces.
 While Merritt did all his own designing, cutting, and placing, Ian and I worked together.
 Ian was a terrific string cutter for me in between sewing!
 He also came along for the ride while I sewed the pieces together.
 Merritt loves taking over my camera and happily snapped away while we sewed. It is so strange to see myself in pictures doing an activity with the boys!!!
 Ian the super-stuffer!
 Stuffing a leg that looks an awful lot like it used to belong to Kermit...
 Loving his soft creation!
 Meanwhile, Merritt had a very specific plan (shocker, right?).
 Stuffing while watching basketball….they are little boys, after all!
 TA-DA!!! What a fun project! It was a lot of fun, and I was so pleased that they really stuck with it for the 2 hours it took! I have a feeling we will be doing this again soon!

No comments: