Christmas Eve! Gavin declared this morning that tonight he was staying up SUPER SUPER late to see Santa. . .I would like to point out that 5 of us went into his bedroom tonight at 7:30, and only the dog and I came out (and even he is snoring behind me on the couch). Looks like mama is hitting the egg nog alone tonight!
Just wanted to share some pics from our cookie baking this afternoon. Gavin was so excited to roll out the dough (and I won't even try to lie and say I made it from scratch, since the Pillsbury wrapper is shown in one of the pics. . .). He made perfect little stars and trees and headless gingerbread men. I left Daddy in charge of helping him frost the cookies, and now all of us including Santa need an extra dose of insulin tonight. Even little Merritt enjoyed the activity, and is still marveling at the 'booby' shaped cookie Daddy made him.
We went to the candlelight service tonight, where Gavin was a most excellent little wise man in the manger scene, and even got to hold his own candle during the singing (yes, our church is still standing).
To explain the picture with the tractors. . .my little farmer decided his tractors and trucks needed wreathes to get in the Holiday spirit - aren't they cute?!
With presents already under the tree (Santa needs her - I mean his - sleep) and everyone in my house asleep, I am feeling warm and thankful for this year and all the great people in my life near and far. I hope you feel these blessings and more this Christmas and in 2008. Peace!
No comments:
Post a Comment