The days have been sunny (well, except the torrential rain we received
today. . .) and on most days it feels like we have zoomed past spring and landed in summer. The boys and I took an afternoon to stroll (more like hop, run, and climb) through Duke Gardens a few weeks ago. Check out this pic of the wisteria. . .
Gavin likes to almost become a part of nature practically every time we visit. This time I had Merritt in the backpack, so I said, often, "If you fall in I can't come in after you!" I am sure only a parent of a 4 year old boy would fully understand that. After all, this is the boy who went into a lake with his clothes on, on Easter Sunday, to fetch sticks with dogs.

This is perhaps one of my favorite pictures ever of Gavin. . .much cooler when not turned on its side, of course. . .
Arlo, being the heat-resistant pug that he is, sounded like he was DYING the entire time, since it was so warm and I made him walk all over the gardens with me. Here is a shot of him laying on one of the many cool surfaces throughout the gardens. Wimp.
The path less taken. . .
I feel bad that Merritt wasn't in any Duke Garden shots. . .kind of hard when he is strapped to my back on most outings! But, he got down and dirty a few days ago and I couldn't resist his sticky face. . .
. . .or his naked booty!
No comments:
Post a Comment