Yes, I am originally from Michigan, but nonetheless, I hate snow. The best part about the freakish snowfall we had last week was the anticipation leading up to it. Once the white stuff fell, I was completely over it. After all, 6 inches of snow around here leads to crummy roads and days upon days of no school. . .which leads to very restless children who think they want to play in the snow and then realize after 20 minutes of bundling that they really don't like being cold and wet, either.
I know little fella, it's just not natural.
It was fun to see the kids so excited and perplexed by the snow, though. Merritt keeps asking me where the snow went and if it is coming back. "Hopefully never, honey."
We don't own sleds. But we do have kiddy pools and strong neighbors!!!
Check out Arlo running with the big dogs!
Gavin helped John build an igloo.
Merritt liked throwing ice chunks. At mommy.


I admit I was more than a little excited to get to once again strap my ice joggers onto my running shoes and go for a Michigan 3 miler. Somewhere deep down inside of me I think I miss that burning, lungs about to hemorrhage feeling that temperatures in the 20s can produce. And now I hope I can pack away those ice joggers for several more years. Ba-bye snow.

No comments:
Post a Comment