I don't know. Maybe it's the weather. My friend Frances was just discussing this very thing on her blog. A need to be creative and pass the time. For me, the crazy schedule coupled with the weather makes me feel like a shut-in at times. My runs are sporadic (which, by the way, is making me feel a little looney. . .), bundling the boys every time we leave the house can become mind-numbing, and the bitter cold wind just plain hurts. I long for the 90 degree days with high humidity. My skin will look like that of a human again, I can sweat buckets running at 7 am (I know, I am sick), I can wear very little clothes, I can walk in and out of the house without even putting on shoes. Sigh. And this will be our first spring and summer in the new house. I CANNOT WAIT to work in the yard, establish some raised garden beds, create a play space for the boys, and turn that ceiling fan in the screened-in porch on high. Oh, and the fun summer drinks and the BBQ and hearing the birds in the morning and. . .OK, I am going off topic. But you get the idea. I am getting a little stir-crazy.
SO. I have been trying to keep myself motivated to face each day by coming up with some projects, and here is the first. I had been wanting to get silhouettes of the boys and their cute little boy heads, but darn - those can be expensive. So, I did it myself. What do you think?

And, I really enjoyed the tiny little details discovered when I did the boys' silhouettes. It is amazing how just one itsy-tiny little wrong move can change the entire head. Scary but totally fun and empowering when you get it right. Anyone want one of their kid? I am having a lot of fun with these, but you can only do so many of the same child. . .
3 comments:
OH ME ME! Can you do Kate and Max?
I would LOVE to!!! Guess that means we need to actually see each other... :) Let's get out the calendars!
I love the silhouettes! Lovely. And isn't it funny how art can transform a space?
Creativity is good! Keep going!
xofrances
Post a Comment