Monday, January 10, 2011

Soften, detangle, and revitalize.

Today, the rest of our sectional arrived. It was a happy moment, that brief moment where the children hadn't jumped on it yet and I could smell its "new-ness" and there wasn't a pug snoring on the back of it like a lazy cat. It came in two phases because part of it apparently wanted to see New York before it settled down for a slower southern life in North Carolina.
I don't know if it was the final delivery of the new furniture, or maybe it was the dried ketchup on Arlo's fur from a particularly grimy dinner time under Ian's highchair three nights ago, but I suddenly felt inspired to make my dog clean. We have a utility sink now, so much to Arlo's dismay, rub-a-dub time is super easy. I hoisted him in and lathered him up with his 'Buddy Rinse' and then. . .wait a second. . .'Buddy Rinse'??? Upon closer inspection, I realized I was bathing my pug with doggy conditioner. Rosemary mint flavored (scented, whatever) conditioner. With the words "soften, detangle, and revitalize" printed on the back. And a price tag that was more than the shampoo and conditioner that I use combined. What was I on when I purchased this? Under what influence did I make that decision? After his bath, I plugged in the blow dryer and pondered the sad fact that I may have blow dried my dog more than I have actually blow dried my own hair. It's time to make a few resolutions, I have decided. I haven't quite figured out what they are, but darn it, my dog cannot smell better than I. And trust me, he smells pretty darn good with his rosemary mint 'after bath' spritzer on.
Doesn't he look soft and revitalized?

No comments: