Monday, August 22, 2011

playing catch-up...again!

Hey - look at that! It's August 20th...and this is the first post of August for me. What a month! We had a reunion with old friends, a good-bye party for another set of friends, a trip to Michigan to see family and friends, a birthday party for Gavin and his friends...and several play dates, dinners, and pool rendezvous's with friends. Did you catch the theme? We are blessed with wonderful people to share our lives with! It's made the last few weeks of summer enjoyable (AKA bearable..!) and I have literally about 1000 new pictures to sift through and narrow down to share, especially since school starts tomorrow (cue the Hallelujah chorus). I might be taking a few pics (wink and nudge) since both Gav and Merritt get to walk to school together tomorrow. Which means this is my opportunity to catch up before I get too overwhelmed and shut down the blog. Which might get me a few phone calls from my fans (ahem, the grandparents). Let the photos begin!

Isaac & Gav - the original best buddies. It has been 3 years since we saw them last!
This is what they looked like before Isaac moved!
Nadine & Merritt - instant buddies.
They didn't remember each other, since this is what they looked like last time they were together!

Farm photos.

We had the great opportunity to stop by Grandma & Grandpa Y's house on the way to Michigan and on the way home. . .where Gav got to celebrate his birthday a little early!
What an amazing summer it has been! Gavin learned to swan dive off the high dive and also enjoyed his first time water-skiing. Merritt grew gills and happily goes off the diving board...while I sit on my towel and watch. Ian went from a few cute words to talking in hilarious little sentences. And all their feet and legs and hair-do's just grew and grew and grew. I love summer and pools and summer skin and dirty bare feet, but I am also ready to start this school year. Bring it on!

2 comments:

Carla said...

So glad you came to visit! Glad you had fun in MI!

Joanie Richards said...

OMG Isaac and Nadine have grown. I really miss seeing the "little" gang.