Saturday, November 26, 2011

a heap of thanksgiving, with a side of joy, and a good glass of wine

The week of Thanksgiving was a busy one! Grandma & Grandpa Y came down for a visit and the boys kept them busy. Wednesday we went bowling. I love how my boys have turned it into a team sport! 
The boys also played a lot of cards this week...

On Thanksgiving day we all ventured out to the Angus Barn for dinner, along with Brenda and Cheryl. Once again, I have no regrets deciding to not cook this Thanksgiving (or last!!!). The meal was tasty, I don't have leftovers crowding my fridge waiting to be guiltily thrown out in a week, and best of all... NO CLEAN UP!

Full bellies on the brink of a meltdown (these smiles in the pic below very well could have been the last smiles we saw from small people that night).

Friday we happily avoided all retail and spent the morning playing outside. That afternoon, I took my parents and G & M to see the Rockettes at the DPAC. The boys LOVED it. We ended up in seats really close to the front and they were captivated. I love seeing Broadway shows through their eyes. As adults we have expectations and reviews, etc., but these kids are so OPEN and excited. It was a sweet way to kick off the Holiday season. Afterwards I couldn't resist the opportunity to snap some pics at the American Tobacco complex. As always the boys loved to see the waterfalls and somehow managed to not fall in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, that bottom photo of gavin is so great. i can't believe how big he is...seems like yesterday he was in preschool and i was photographing him!!!!