Thursday, June 21, 2012

Happy Birthday Merritt!

Today, Merritt turned 5. But this picture, it was from yesterday morning, when he came downstairs wearing it because it was his last day that he was officially 4 years old. Always thinking, that boy.
Last night, he had a super fun, energy charged 'Mr. Block P.E. Party' run by his P.E. teacher (I call him the kid whisperer), who is, by the way magical. There were over 20 children let loose in the school gymnasium and he had them all playing way cool games like 'snowball fight with forts'. Even the parents joined in (and may have been a bit competitive). It was a total blast.
Here is my happy 5 year old in his new '5' shirt. We'll get a good full year out of that one (if he doesn't hit a growth spurt).
.


Tables all set up for the hungry athletes.

A hilarious game of 'crabs in the canal'...



A little playground time with friends!


See these kids all sitting? And listening? 
He's magical, I say.

Chow time!


Happy Birthday to you!


Wow. What was I thinking when I let him pick the frosting color?!


Some free time with paper airplanes at the end. I love how the parents plopped down and started folding. Everyone loves a smooth flying paper airplane!

This is this morning, at roughly 7:15 am. See the bed head? We made him wait until morning to open his presents. And wow, did he get presents. His friends gifted him such sweet, thoughtful, and fun gifts!


Everyone helped out. Bed head required.


Mommy and Daddy got him a scooter...from the look on their faces, it must have been a nice surprise.


Our big guy. 5 years old. Sigh.


Happy Birthday M! We love you!

2 comments:

Proud Parents said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like the party was an awesome success!

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Wonderful, wonderful! Happy birthday, Merritt, you most fabulous five-year-old? Five? Five? How did that happen?

xofrances