But really just in blog posting, I promise. Things have been busy here...school is out and this picture sums up the energy level in my house right now...
Yes, he gets up there himself.
The days seem long by the hour but the weeks are flying by. How is that so? I guess that is life with kids. My biggest challenge this summer....? Keeping the boys fed. Being their personal chef is a job in itself. And trust me, I am no short-order chef. They eat what I put in front of them. But that is just it - they eat what I put in front of them and then want more!!!
Lazy days by the pool have also begun. This year we are pool hopping between two different pools, and the boys are once again proving they have gills.
We recently spent a couple nights at Great Wolf Lodge up in Williamsburg for one of Gavin's travel lacrosse tournaments, and the boys LOVED it. I didn't get any pictures there of the waterpark - I was too busy perpetually losing and then finding the kids. Thank God for lifeguards! Even little Ian loved to be dropped onto the huge water slides by one of us and then fished out at the end by the other parent. I did get this moment of brotherly love post-waterpark, pre-wonderful night of sleep. It's amazing what swallowing gallons of chlorinated water and being thrown around by slides and waves can do.
Merritt is still cranking out crazy-fun art. He presented this to me the other day:
It is 'half-angry, half-happy guy'. I know a few of those myself! But this is the cutest one by far.


No comments:
Post a Comment