Today seemed very...long. But in a good way!
For starters, it was Ian's last day of school...
...and after a run and errands and M's tennis lessons and picking up our CSA box and prepping veggies and etc. etc. etc....Merritt and I made scones from our fresh-picked strawberries! It was so fun, because HE read ME the recipe!
And they turned out so yummy! It was from a recipe he first made at school in cooking class.
And we ended our evening by attending Gavin's big 4th grade play! It was so great - the entire 4th grade (about 70 kids!) put on a wonderful performance complete with sets, set changes, musical numbers, costumes, makeup, speaking lines by every single child, recorders, and kazoos! Fabulous! Here is a picture of Gavin after the play with his brothers, who were captivated with every.single.minute. of the show. I should mention that he was a German boy from the 1800s. Could you tell? And putting makeup on my son every morning this week for the dress rehearsals? Hilarious. The first morning he studied my face while I was applying his lipstick (he preferred to call it lip stain, by the way) and he said, "Mom, you aren't wearing any lipstick." And I replied, "Honey, I am taking you to school in my pajamas. No, I am not wearing lipstick."
GREAT JOB, G! BRAVO!



No comments:
Post a Comment