Happy New Year Everyone! Gavin rang 2008 in about 6 hours early with a special dinner of calamari and remoulade sauce, shrimp, and pomegranate. I love that we have a little foodie.
Here he is giving 2 thumbs up, which is his stamp of approval. Later, after the boys were in bed, we feasted on these goodies plus more with friends. Only when he woke up the next morning and saw wine glasses on the table were we busted for having a party without him!
Merritt is feasting on more and more 'food' these days. . .not quite to the calamari stage but enjoys his pureed veggies and fruits nonetheless.
He finds those little rapidly dissolving sweet potato puffs the most fascinating.
And Arlo, as you can see, is fascinated by his new relationship with Merritt. If Merritt is in the high chair, we know where Arlo is!
Wednesday we had the pleasure of hosting our little friend Catherine at our house. She is very sweet and adores Gavin, Merrit, AND Arlo.
Gavin likes to hug her and while I was taking this picture, he declared himself the king and her the princess.
I was so excited that there was a little girl coming over that I pulled out my old Cabbage Patch dolls and their wardrobe. . .I walked into the playroom to find my farmer getting his baby dressed and Catherine surrounded by trucks. Sigh.
New Year's Day was a big day for David, Gavin, and our friend John - brewing day! John had all the 'fixins' for a home brew, and David & Gavin were invited over to help out. Gavin felt very cool and has been talking about brewing ever since. . .which is going to sound great when he goes back to preschool, I am sure.
He is looking forward to helping John wash bottles and add the final yeast. We hear about it every day and when I was telling Gavin how exciting it was because he was going back to school on Monday, he exclaimed, "NO MOM - we have to BREW on Monday! Can I play hookie??"
(Thank you to John and Alison's blog which we swiped this pic from.)
This afternoon Merritt went for his first wagon ride in the cul-de-sac.
As you can see from this pic, the ride was jaw-dropping.
Look closely and you can see Merritt in the wagon. . .don't look close and you can see Gavin jumping his tractor over David, who was laying on the ground taking the pic of Merritt.
Me and the boys. . .
Daddy and the boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment