In my head, I update my blog almost every hour. Every funny thing Gavin says, every great photo I manage to snag, every funny ironic moment I experience. And yet, a full week has gone by without an update! I have decided that I am not and never will be Superwoman. I am pretty sure Superwoman never ate a whole box of Teddy Grahams (I wish I was exaggerating) or said "Gavin, I have to go nurse Arlo now." And she surely was never as tired as I am at this moment. But, she also probably didn't get great sloppy baby kisses or a good belly laugh, as I did when Gavin told me, "You smell like yesterday!"
So here is a quick update of a few fun things in our house that happened this past week!
Here is Merritt showing off his new little blankie Grandma Yallup made him. He loves it. He chews it, sleeps with it. . .
and plays peek-a-boo!
Gavin builds a new creation just about every time I leave the room. He loves his Lincoln Logs!
I ran with the boys in the double jogger yesterday - together for the first time. Usually I just take one or the other, but I was feeling super human yesterday and decided to take them both for a spin (plus, I was desperate to get out of the house, since David was 2 hours away all weekend!). It was a lot like pushing a Honda Civic on the uphills and being dragged by a team of horses on the downhills, but the flat trail was smooth sailing. I did feel very tempted to ask the young guys out there on the trail whom I had seen running but then saw walking to hand over their man cards when I ran by them, but I instead just smiled and enjoyed feeling like a strong mommy for a moment (or two). Carla, my mommy friend of twins, you rock for pushing this beast of a stroller every day. You go girl!
Today I mixed up some paper mache for the 4 year olds and we attempted to make hot air balloons. We managed to get through the first step - covering balloons with sticky goop, as well as covering our clothes, the table, the [upholstered] chairs, etc.
They had fun (I think).
Yeah, they are smiling. That is because they know they don't have to clean up afterwards.
No comments:
Post a Comment