Well, our big winter storm came and went and my old Michigan self is a little embarrassed at the giddiness we all felt as we anticipated the "1-3 inches of heavy snowfall". I admit I did go purchase bread and milk, but I swear it is only because we needed it. . .
Our landscaping is in a tiny state of shock - first a drought and now snow. We are never happy here in North Carolina. Ornamental cabbage does look pretty covered in ice, though!
You are looking at one happy boy. He has waited for snow all winter, and after the false alarm this past week (yes, the day he had a snow day from school because it rained), his hope was on this 'storm'. I have never looked out the window so much in my life waiting for that rain to change to flakes, and it did!
Merritt enjoyed the flakes - oh wait, I think he is just laughing because our neighbor Brenda just pegged Daddy with an ice ball!
Naturally, the only appropriate thing to do after freezing outside in the snow is to strip down naked and eat warm chocolate chip cookies. If you are Gavin.
Today there was a tiny bit more of accumulation (enough to make scraping the car before church remind me how much I really love North Carolina winters). After we came home, Gavin seized the opportunity to once again drench every item of clothing. Here he is showing his exciting discovery - ice off my car. I just know all you northerners are shaking your head and thinking 'poor boy'!
Me and the boys, in our melting yard!
Daddy showed Gavin how to write using ice.
Arlo decided after a brief romp in the snow that our sunshine flooded front doorway was the place to hang.
Just think of all the pictures we would have to post if we had received the full 3 inches!!! There would have been pictures of snow angels, and pictures of sledding, and pictures of snowmen, and pictures of snowball fights. . . . . . . . . .
1 comment:
i love gavin's hat! :) too bad there wasn't more snow...
Post a Comment