Sunday, February 3, 2008

My favorite kind of weekend!

This weekend was so much fun - great family, great friends, great food, great sunshine. I feel a high from being under the sun's rays and from being around such good people. What blessings!
This weekend the cul-de-sac celebrated with John & Alison (soon-to-be daddy & mommy to baby Joshua). 


I love this picture because I know what they are talking about. Yes, labor. Strangely, Neepa looks the most horrified, and yet she has already had a baby. I think Alison is probably just still trying to process the 4 hours of labor class that her and John had earlier in the day.

Here is little Alex, already giving that 'look'. He has learned from the best. . .the child in the picture with him!
You might as well assume that if you are a guy and you are invited to a baby shower, you will have to do something silly. At least we didn't make them wear bibs (darn - why didn't I think of that?!?).

Wait, I did. Here is John posing after the party.

I am forever trying to get a good 'hold my arm out and take my own picture with the kids' picture, mostly because I have a lot of pictures of them with everyone else (AKA DADDY, who can be seen in the background. Weirdo.).

Today with temps close to 70, we moved activities outside. Here is Merritt eating on the porch, and Gavin playing in the street. It isn't as dangerous as it sounds - thankfully we live on a cul-de-sac. David drew an entire city with roads, river, mountains, houses, etc. on the cul-de-sac for Gavin to ride his bike on. We enjoyed the company of a few friends throughout the day, and made sure we called home to Michigan to casually ask what the weather was there (I think we had 40 degrees on them).
What is Gavin doing? Let's look closer. . .

Sigh. I wish they would make it illegal to talk on the phone and drive.

1 comment:

the four of us said...

your kids (and you) absolutely crack me up. i love the photo of you and merritt with david making some crazy face right behind you. i love you guys! :)