Wednesday, October 1, 2008

900 miles, round trip

The boys and I took advantage of a 4 day weekend to take a quick trip up to my parents' house in Ohio to visit and get a glimpse of fall. I have to say, the boys are great in the car. They put up with virtually no stops, eating out of baggies, and lots of mommy's singing and NPR. Granted, Gavin did have DVDs, but even that got boring. Merritt pointed out every excavator, truck, and bus along the way, and I am even more educated in Star Wars lingo than I was pre-trip. David missed so much.

Merritt running from the car. Free at last!!!!

Fall is near!

Here are Grandma and Grandpa and boys in the garden. Some pumpkins even traveled back to NC with us, along with squash and buckeyes!

Look at the grip on this boy! I expected him to start juggling at any moment.

No trip is complete to Ohio without the visit to the local John Deere store. . .


Compare these 2 pics of Gav. . .age 5. . .
and age 1. . .not much has changed!

Grandma and boys. . .

Even Merritt was in awe.

Hanging out with Aunt Brenda, getting tickled!

Cousins Gavin and Connor, at rest (rare, staged moment).


No comments: