Our Halloween started a little early today, with costumes on by 7:30am to get to school for the costume parade. Did you know Darth Vader IS a morning person?? So is my little jack-o-lantern, thank goodness.
The parade was so cute, and the kids were so proud of their costumes. Gavin told me in full detail what all the boys were. . .when I asked him what the girls were, he disdainfully said "Kittens and bunnies and stuff like that. . ."
I hung out in his classroom for a few minutes before the parade to check out some of their decorations and see the kids coming in. I got a good chuckle out of Gavin's Halloween teddy bear (their class is called the Teddy Bears).
Like the light saber???
Merritt spent the day being snarky - a term that I think was created just for him. In fact, if you say "Merritt, give me a snarky look!" this is what you get:
He also spent a good share of time perfecting his light saber moves (I even heard him making sound effects once). I am so hosed.
Time to trick or treat, finally! I think Gavin thought time was going backwards waiting for us to let him go.
Of course, all sorts of chocolate came home in their buckets. I ate so much that David put it up on top of the cabinets where I couldn't reach it. I think Merritt takes after me, since we found him in a corner of the kitchen eating this, wrapper and all.


No comments:
Post a Comment