Tuesday, November 11, 2008

creation station

David likes to remind me that I have a lot of . . .ideas. It's my strength and my weakness. I am a list-maker, planner, plotter, etc. And I love creating things - especially for my kids. So, the little 'hamster in the wheel' that lives in my brain was in hyper-drive this past week trying to come up with a solution to the mountain of legos and art projects (Gav's recent 2 obsessions - and they both usually involve some sort of Star Wars creation) that piles up on our kitchen table, which makes me NUTS because that's where we eat 3 times a day. Plus, I do feel bad making him disassemble all the TIE fighters/ships/speeder bikes/whatever they are called  after he has spent so much time. . .creating (have I just cloned myself? yikes.). 

SO. . .after miraculously being hooked up with a fabrication company that ended up being ACROSS THE ROAD from us, we were able to get a custom-cut swanstone countertop for scary cheap, and then we used a cart and stools we already had, and about $14 of 2x4s and brackets. Poor David spent an evening bringing my idea to reality, since he had the duty of assembling our new art station, but I think he did an excellent job. Although he does remind me often how heavy a 132" length of countertop is. Thank you, honey!

I now reveal. . .our new playroom creation station:


And with the happy faces in this pic, this project is priceless. . .

No comments: