I chose not to post anything about the election before the big day, because I respect that we all reserve the right to make our OWN informed decisions (and, by the way, those few emails I received that were incredibly one-sided and full of anger and manipulation - they were not appreciated), but today my joy is not able to be suppressed. I am filled with excitement and hope and pride in my country, and thankfulness that I am experiencing history first-hand and seeing it through the eyes of my 5 year old.
When I told Gav that Obama had won the election, we shared a high-5 and he spontaneously burst into song. . ."My country 'tis of thee..." and then recited the Pledge of Allegiance. It honestly gave me goose-bumps and brought tears to my eyes, and it made me realize that, God-willing, this next generation may finally be given an opportunity to rise above so much that we have all stumbled on.
God, please unite us all with this amazing turn of events, and God, please keep Obama safe.
No comments:
Post a Comment