David and I did the unimaginable. . .we escaped kid-less to Chicago for 3 nights. My parents stayed with the kids, which I think the kids enjoyed more than being with us (thank you Grandma and Grandpa!!!). We left the Saturday after Thanksgiving, super early before anyone awoke, and our adventure began. Smooth flights, AWESOME hotel (who upgraded us to a suite because we were celebrating our anniversary a little early), amazing food and drink, and good people to hang with. We indulged quite a bit in every way, and discovered that little thing called 'rest' that we haven't had in a long while. [The 'rest' was not due to actual sleep, however, as we seem to have lost the ability to sleep in. We were awake by 7:00am every morning!] It was really great to be a couple again and feel like adults - no schedule, no early dinners, no bedtimes, no backpacks full of sippy cups and extra clothes. We love our kids, but boy did we need that vacation!!!
I don't believe it either, but I left my camera at home. It would probably be a horrible thing to say that I missed my camera more than my kids, so I won't say it. Here are a few shots taken with David's cell phone. And don't get me wrong - I love my kids. Don't we look like we are pining for them?!?

On our way back from the art museum - look at the snow and ice!!
Part of our suite (give me a kitchen and I could live there, on the 15th floor looking out over Superior St.). I love the constant life in a city - it doesn't ever sleep and you can always see somebody no matter what time of day it is. And the sound of constant sirens was like a lullaby to me. Sick, right? I don't understand it either. Oh, and we were neighbors with Oprah. She says "Hi."

Me and the king size bed, saying our goodbyes.


No comments:
Post a Comment