Tuesday, February 24, 2009

And we won't even have to change the name of the blog. . .

So, we have been keeping a little secret. A little secret that has been growing, slowly, into a bigger and bigger secret, and is now a big enough secret that it isn't really a secret anymore. Unless y'all just think I have eaten too many cookies (which, actually, I have).
Certainly you have figured it out by now. . .but in case you haven't. . .
I am pregnant! Quite pregnant, actually. In my 17th week,  in fact! David and I found out the morning we flew to Chicago for our anniversary trip, way back in November. And, no offense, but it has been such a blast keeping our delicious little secret. Besides, we wanted to really surprise you by also revealing the gender too. . .
WE ARE HAVING A BOY! (or as the sonographer said, "there's a stem on the apple!")
I honestly don't think we could smile any bigger at this point. As a family, we are thrilled. Gavin is especially excited, as this time around he really gets it, and is completely excited to be having another brother.
We shared the news by having him read a little card from us, and then he got to share the news with his class that day at school. His teacher said he was so proud. He even kisses my belly and has been putting in his advice about names.




So why are these boys laughing?
Because now Mommy is severely outnumbered. .  . and she couldn't be happier!

3 comments:

Krista Lucas said...

i'm so happy for you!!! and i can't believe you didn't say anything when i was there...returning your maternity clothes!!!

Joanie Richards said...

Congratulations! We're very excited for you.

Shannie Liz said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited that I'm going to have another cousin to meet next time I come for a visit!xoxo