Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Grandma and Grandpa Bud

We just wrapped up a wonderful visit with Grandma and Grandpa Bud. In fact, they are on the airplane headed back to Michigan as I type this. So, of course, we are a house of heavy hearts because the visit we looked forward to for so long went too quickly and is now over. But, we had a terrific time and the boys took every opportunity to play and cuddle with them (and thus probably took every ounce of G and G's energy, too!). The boys are sound asleep now and I bet I know 2 people who are snoozing on a plane somewhere over Ohio right now, too!

David and I enjoyed having their company and enjoying a taste of Durham with Bud and Anne, including an adult night out at Nana's for the tasting menu. Back to regular food tomorrow (sorry family)!

Here are some highlights of our week, including lots of basketball, paper airplane assembly and flying, and of course reading!!







Here are the Michiganders soaking up the NC sun. . .even though it was in the 40's (I guess it is all perspective!).

2 years ago Grandma built the fort for Gav. . .this visit we 'pimped the fort' with some fun additions - an arch over the slide for safety, a fun steering wheel, and a farmer's market stand for Gav and Merritt, as seen below. In this pic, Gav is drawing up plans for Grandma to make a working cannon for his fort. And I don't doubt that she could.

The crew (hey - even I am in the picture. . .see my reflection in the door?!?!).
COME BACK AGAIN SOON GRANDMA AND GRANDPA!

No comments: