Sunday, March 7, 2010

morning with mama

This morning Gavin and I headed to church while David stayed home with feverish Merritt and sleeping Ian. Afterwards, we ate at Elmo's, just the two of us. It was really nice to spend that time with Gavin. I discovered how EASY he is, and rediscovered his wit and great personality. I am thankful for that time, just the two of us chowing down at Elmo's, making me fall in love with my Gav all over again. Oh, and did I mention he ate all of his food and some of mine?

After Elmo's, we headed over to Duke's East Campus with my camera in hand. He was just looking too cute to resist taking pics. And by the way, he insisted on wearing that tie.

Gavin is such a 'jack of all trades'. Right now he is a lacrosse playing, basketball shooting, baseball bat swinging, chess learnin', chapter book reading, multiplication table doin' kind of guy. And I am sure I missed something. The boy is ready for anything, even if that person/thing isn't ready for him! Keep doing what you are doing, my boy. Someday even your weaknesses will be your strengths.

No comments: