Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Heartbreaker.

I have to admit, this hasn't been an easy week with Merritt. There has been a little too much whining, not quite enough listening, and a little incident in the tuxedo rental store while trying to get him fitted for my niece's wedding (why do I feel like there might be a blog post about that?). By the way, did you know that when you knock one tuxedo mannequin down, the rest go down like dominoes?
Ahem.
So how could he possibly break my heart tonight? Well, David was putting him to bed when I left the house at 7:15. . .and when I returned at 9:15 and peeked into his room, I saw a weary but wide-eyed little man by his window and he exclaimed, "Momma! I missed you! Momma, I watched for you."
2 hours. He watched for me for 2 hours. Break. My. Heart.
Here's a pic of my little heartbreaker, apparently watching me closely at the beach, too.

2 comments:

Krista Lucas said...

see, they do things like that so you don't want to sell them to the gypsies when they make you crazy. love you!

Mere said...

I've been telling this story- at least your making people laugh :)