Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Household happenings.

The days have been busy and sunny here in NC! I love these warm days where the boys play outside and get dirty and are asleep before the sun goes down. Success!
This is how we found little Ian the other day...
 And speaking of little Ian, he is no longer little. He wears underwear 24/7, and is mighty proud of it. If you make the mistake of calling him little or a baby, he will stand a little taller and remind you that he is a big boy, and there is also a high probability that he will drop his pants to show you his underwear. Which is exactly what he has done on Skype with John and Alison and in carpool line for his teacher, and various other places where your pants actually need to stay on. 
This morning, I scooped him into my arms in the cradling position and he whispered to me, "You know, I am a big boy now." 
It completely broke my heart.
************
We enjoyed the company of my sister Brenda, brother-in-law Jerry, and nephew Connor on Saturday. It is the lovely but rotten thing about being almost halfway to Florida for family - we get them as house guests, but usually for less than 24 hours. I should probably clarify, the lovely part is having the company, the rotten part is knowing they are going to be backing out of the driveway so soon. But the boys loved having cousin Connor around, and it was great to catch up with Brenda and Jerry and share a meal together. Unfortunately, I forgot to take any pictures until most were in bed, but here is a pic of Gav and Connor, playing board games late into the night.

**************
Our 3rd grade project is well underway. Gav has been working hard and I have a stack of AC Moore receipts to prove it. 

The younger boys got into the spirit of creating while Gav and I worked on his project. Here they are, painting birdhouses together. They LOVED it. Any art activity in our house is instantly awesome. And if somehow involves nature, double awesome!


Our flowers are blooming and the garden looks different every day. I love spring. I have to keep reminding myself it is only March!


No comments: