Tuesday, August 21, 2012

First Day of School...and Gav's Birthday!

WOW! Where did the summer go? I have to admit, as nutty as I felt mid-July, I sure do miss my hot days by the pool with my 3 little men. But they were soooo excited to get back to school today, and the morning went super smooth and there were lots of smiles (except when Ian had to leave the school without his brothers...he was utterly heartbroken).  They were so happy to be back with friends! And I think Merritt aged 3 years while he was at school today. How does that happen?

Today was also GAVIN'S BIRTHDAY! We did a lot of celebrating on Sunday already, anticipating that today would be quite busy. Sunday David took Gav birthday shopping for legos and a new camera. Gav also got to pick out a special birthday meal for David to prepare.
Here he is, posing with his swordfish, asparagus, tabouli, and smoked mozzarella pasta salad. 
I love my 9 year old foodie.

Tonight Brenda and I took the boys to The Melting Pot (David and Cheryl are working - boo!). They had never been, and boy was it quite the experience for them. I vaguely remember eating. I was mostly skewering and cooking raw meat as fast as I could for them.  Wow those kids can eat. Merritt ended up slumped in the booth in a little food coma. He did perk up in time for the chocolate fondue, though.
Here Gav is posing with his candle and treats for dipping!

Notice the chocolate mustaches on G and Ian? And notice the carnage on the table? I pity the bus boy who had to clear that table!
Happy Birthday Gavin! Every day is an adventure! We love you!

No comments: