Monday, September 3, 2012

summer still on our minds

Hi everyone! It's Labor Day today. So naturally, David is working. And we have lots of plans today but the weather didn't get the memo. So here I am this morning, sitting in my PJs, finally updating the blog with some more summer adventures, all the while consuming too much coffee while the boys play legos and watch cartoons. How is that for taking advantage of a morning without school? I haven't quite let go of summer yet. It is still almost 90 degrees most days here, and we are still sporting our 'summer skin' and sun/chlorine bleached hair. We still frequent the pool. Our after-school activities haven't completely started. Here we are, on the cusp of fall craziness, and it calms me to look back on these pictures of summer fun. Because despite the 'groundhog day' feel of the summer days - each the same and seemingly unending - I sure do love summer days with my boys. I think we are all happiest at the pool underwater (or maybe that is just when it is the quietest?). And the weather we experienced on our Ohio/Michigan trip was glorious (albeit a tad bit chilly for me, but being able to layer was fabulous!). The boys thoroughly enjoyed playing outside, getting dirty, and having the freedom to just PLAY. It reminded me of my summer days growing up. These pics are from my parents' house in Ohio.

an afternoon by the fire



 
building a fort with Cousin Connor...this seriously entertained them for hours...

beautiful weather, even more beautiful scenery

one of Gavin's birthday celebrations...did he score this year or what?

only at a grandparent's house...birthday cake and root beer...see the large green frog to the left of the picture?...I can remember playing on that when I was Ian's age!

wild animals in the woods

No comments: