I did some shuffling of furniture around, which is a fun little habit of mine.
All the shuffling and organizing left a reading nook in Gavin's room, so I wrestled his great grandpa's chair out of the attic to provide him a comfortable space to kick back and enjoy a novel (after moving his bunk bed to reveal the attic space's door. . .by myself!). We have had this chair for several years and I just knew I would find the perfect space for it eventually. I didn't get an adequate 'before' shot, but envision seriously worn, dated brown cushions. And I had this worn ottoman that I figured I could do just about anything to and it would look better, so....
I tried my hand at re-upholstering! David had picked this fabric up at Ikea for me a few months ago, and I liked the pirate-ish feel it had without being too overtly pirate-ish. Perfect for a [slowly] maturing boy's room. It actually was super easy and took hardly any time at all.
And while I am happy that I got Gavin's approval, I think it is also so sweet that he loves sitting in his GGPa's chair, doing exactly what GGPa loved to do. I know he would be so proud of this avid little reader!



No comments:
Post a Comment