This weekend, David mentioned to me that he probably didn't need the tall cabinet seen below on the left (it had doors and was full of medical books when he told me, I just forgot as usual to take a true 'before' pic). And he might have mentioned that the lack of symmetry kind of bugged him, to which I exclaimed "YIPPEE! The lack of symmetry is driving me crazy!!!!" I am a little bit of a dork like that. So, that was Friday night. And Saturday I decided that he would need a place to put those books, so I started cleaning out the storage room shelves. And then I made piles for Goodwill. And took full trash bags outside. And moved a little furniture. And put all the Christmas decorations away, and cleaned the attic. And called a friend to come get some free goodies that she wanted. Meanwhile David managed the kids and did an entire days worth of meal prep.
It was pure cleaning mania going on here, and it felt good.
But I don't enjoy getting rid of large furniture, especially when I feel it can be repurposed...so I searched the house for a place to use said shelf (you know, the one whose removal prompted the cleaning frenzy?). And I found the perfect place...
the playroom! See it laying so dutifully on its side?!? Oh how I love storage. Even the boys got excited about rearranging the furniture. Apparently my little sickness has been transferred to them.
And I wasn't going to show the storage room or attic, but my friend Frances said they would be inspirational, so here they are...
And here is my cleaned up sewing room, if I ever work up the courage or find the time to tackle a large project...
It feels so wonderful to start the year out with some organization. However, the rest of the house seems to have fallen apart during my 2 day cleaning frenzy. Sigh. I'll get to that...tomorrow.



1 comment:
Color me inspired! Oh, that one day my attic will look like yours!
xofrances
Post a Comment