We had an ice storm yesterday. Not terrible, but enough that everything froze and the kids were let out of school early and David's work let out at 1:00, which I cannot remember ever happening since he started there. Actually, I think none of it seemed that terrible because everyone got home before the ice covered everything and all activities got cancelled for last night and today. Ian and I even did the 'milk and bread' run before the storm hit, getting important things like batteries and flashlights (and not just wine!). That is probably why we did not once lose power with this storm...
Today the temps rose to the high 30s and the meltdown began. It is supposed to be in the 70s by Wednesday so I suppose I will have to then post about the mud.
I was actually a little excited this morning to awaken to roads and sidewalks covered with ice...do you know how long it has been since I ran with my ice joggers?! It was great to dig them out and use them! Made me nostalgic about my Michigan days where I used to run through the snow every winter day. But just a tiny bit, because the rest of the day I complained about how sick of being cold I am. I am dreaming about 90 degree heat and days at the pool. How did I ever survive Michigan winters?! Summer, please come!




No comments:
Post a Comment