Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Florida Vacation - Post 3 - Fighting the Dark Side

On Monday we moved over to our amazingly clean, comfortable, and perfect condo 5 minutes from Disney's entrance. I love myself a Disney Resort, but folks, if you like to eat anything besides overpriced Disney food, this is the way to go. A full kitchen! A washer and dryer! A quick car ride to the parks! No long lines for buses! It was, as anyone at DisneyWorld would say, magical.
Day 1 of our 4 day passes landed us at Hollywood Studios. I had very specific directions from my neighbor (thank you again, Karen!) to run with the children when the gates opened (a half an hour earlier than scheduled - thank you again, Karen!) to sign the kids up for Jedi training while David went and grabbed FastPasses for other popular rides. Brilliant. We easily signed up for an opportunity that only about 150 kids a day get a chance to do, and I certainly breathed a sigh of relief when we got on the list, as the boys were PUMPED to fight Darth Vader. I should mention, however, that you need to be 4 to sign up...you look my 3 years and 7.5 month old 3rd child in the eyes and tell him he cannot fight the dark side with his older brothers. Can't do it? My point exactly.
For one short day, Ian was 4 years old.

Jedi training occurs on a stage outside Star Tours, which was our first ride of our Disney experience (and where I realized that rides make me motion sick...ugh). 
See my little happy Jedi? Yes, I confess that I had tears in my eyes when this started. I am so lame. But there is only a small window of time when the magic of Disney is pure and wonderful. We had that this past week (well, except for during the 20 minute Disney Junior Live puppet show where Gavin looked like we were making him watch grass grow while slowing pulling his toenails off). It is so fun to let loose and watch their imaginations go wild.
 See my three young Padawans? Gav is in the back to the left of the big door. Merritt is on the right.
And Ian is the 4 year old imposter in the front on the left looking a teeny bit overwhelmed.
 After a bit of training in lightsaber usage and such, the big doors opened and the big man himself, Darth Vader, appeared. My goodness, he was huge.
 The mood sobered up a bit....I love the look Merritt is giving me in this pic.
 Despite his skeptical looks, he calmly stepped up and fought the Dark Lord.
 Next up was Gav. No problem. He laughs in the face of danger. He is 9, after all.
 And last of all, after everyone else had their opportunity to defeat Darth Vader, little Ian stepped up to the plate. Of course, right before he took his spot, I looked over to see him sweetly holding 3 fingers up and telling the woman that he was really 3 years old. Thank you, son.
Vader's ankles were definitely NOT SAFE.
 

All is now well in the universe, 
and you can thank my boys for that.

No comments: