Our second day of Disney was spent at the Magic Kingdom. And by second day, I mean from 8am - midnight, with a small break in the afternoon for a swim and dinner at the condo. I was seriously doubting if I could physically endure 2 more Disney days as I climbed into bed after that one. But it is amazing what a few hours of sleep and some strong coffee can do!
Ian had requested that we ride the Buzz Lightyear ride first, as we had last year, so we zipped there when the gates opened, and proceeded to walk right on to it and a ton of other rides the entire morning. It was pretty amazing. We all loved the Barnstormer (Ian's first rollercoaster, and he LOVED it!) and the new Fantasyland area. And who can forget the Pirates of the Caribbean and the Haunted Mansion. Good stuff.
The littles had many photo opportunities with characters while David and Gav used fastpasses to get on rides they were too short for.
Merritt wasn't so sure about some of them...
...and thought it was super funny that Minnie had given him a smooch!
Because the fastpass and rider swap passes were so awesome, we all got to do everything we wanted, and the boys got to do it twice as much (do you see Gav and David on Thunder Mtn. Railroad?).
What a day! After dinner we went back to ride some more rides and then watch the fireworks. Ian promptly fell asleep immediately after the fireworks started. Merritt was completely distraught because he was worried that Ian was going to be sad that he missed them, so we shook him awake. He opened his eyes, saw one blast and fell back to sleep. After the fireworks, David, Gav, and Merritt headed back to Thunder Mtn. Railroad to ride it in the dark. I found a nice little rocking chair near the ride and relaxed with a gone-to-the-world Ian. And then we did the 'death march' back to the monorail, with David and I each by then carrying a sleeping child, laughing. If we didn't laugh, we may have cried. Or collapsed in exhaustion! We earned our Mickey ears that day, for sure.






No comments:
Post a Comment