Friday, April 19, 2013

pollen

It's hard to communicate with non-southerners about the pollen load here in NC. The pine pollen is pretty significant, and acts as a mode of transportation for every other kind of pollen. So while springtime means green grass and blooming wisteria and sunny skies, pollen season means yellow dust clouds and a yellow hue on everything, including our shoes and clothes when we play outside. As I write this, we are getting a drenching rain, which will do wonders for cleansing our landscape of yellow. As the rain fell, it looked like someone had poured yellow paint in our driveway. 
A few days ago David got out the blower and tried to clear a little pollen from our screened-in porch. The floor was covered with a layer of pollen and every surface was yellow. I think I kind of captured the hue in these pictures, and you can even see the yellow cloud he created as he blew it off! Yuck!

No comments: