We have been back a little over a week from our big 2 week Michigan journey. Once back, we had to quickly change gears and deal with some house stuff and also start looking ahead to…school!…which starts August 19. You know that feeling like you need to rest from your vacation? I don't see that happening anytime soon.
I took around 600 pictures on our trip. Yeah, that is a lot. I always get really overwhelmed about posting on the blog when I return from epic picture-taking adventures such as that, so I once again need to break it down a bit.
Let's start, shall we?
Wait, this isn't what vacation is supposed to look like, is it?!
Nope, this is what vacation looks like when you have the car all packed up, you are driving down I-40, your husband tells you he forgot his contacts, you grumpily turn the car around, he goes inside to retrieve the forgotten contacts, happens to look out the bathroom window, and sees water running down your landscaping. Bam. 3rd water main break in 3.5 years.
So, we did what any seasoned homeowner would do.
We started digging.
3 hours later, we loaded back into the car after locating the broken pipe, turning the water off, scheduling an appointment with our plumber, and marveling at our luck for coming back to the house (OK, and I also apologized to my hubby for all the mean things I said as I was turning the car around to go back to the house for his contacts…).
Fast forward 24 hours (14 of those hours in incredibly slow-moving traffic) and we are in Toledo, OH, at the Toledo Zoo! Vacation officially starts…now! The Toledo Zoo is such a gem. It's a manageable size, it is clean, and the exhibits are awesome!
After the zoo, we headed over to Deb and Ed's super-fun house for some swimming and sun. Here is Jimmy throwing the boys like they were beach balls. Awesome.
Meredith and Jimmy got to introduce us to Baby Carter and we got to marvel at what a big boy Greyson is! Here is my sister being such a good Grandma...
Yes, and there was paintball.
We introduced Greyson to his first Thomas the Train set (sorry Meredith…!)….
And Uncle Eddie took us out on Lake Erie on his boat - holy moly, those were some waves!
The biggest hit was the pond, of course. Couldn't keep the kids out of it. There may have even been some skinny-dipping going on…but if you know my boys at all that shouldn't be much of a surprise...
Thank you for hosting us, Aunt Debbie and Uncle Eddie!
Now on to Michigan!











No comments:
Post a Comment