Can you believe it? After counting down the days, it still seems a little crazy that our little baby is in kindergarten. Gav was excited, to say the least, and barely skipped a beat when we went into the classroom. When I kissed him goodbye, he said "No Mommy!" and gave me a huge bear hug, then released me and ran across the room to the toys. My turn to be teary.
Gavin's thoughts about getting ready for school:
"You have to be handsome or else they don't let you go for like 2 days."
Gavin's thoughts about how his life is changing now that he is in school 5 days a week:
"I guess I won't see the garbage truck come anymore."
He got a little 'male model' on me for this shot:

OK, so being the youngest of 5, I can totally relate to this shot of poor Merritt as Gavin was getting ready to leave for school:
Once at school, he located his hook and cubby and gave his teachers each an apple.
Day 1 is now over, and he says he is even more excited for tomorrow, which makes me so happy I could burst. Seeing a child LEARN is amazing. I think he grew at least an inch while he was gone and came home feeling a little older already. My mom-in-law is right: once they go to school, you lose them a little bit. Bittersweet, but strangely satisfying as I watch him become his own little person.
2 comments:
And just LOOK how much you got done on day one of the rest of your life...!
oh, how cute is he!? i love the "handsome" quote. gavin cracks me up. we miss you guys!!
Post a Comment