Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Batter up!

Gavin attended the Durham Bulls Baseball Camp this past week. Besides spending over 4 hours every day learning baseball skills and playing scrimmages, he also came home with t-shirts, a new hat, and his baseball glove all covered with autographs of Bulls players. It is safe to say he was on a total high the entire time. Add to that a visit with Grandma and Grandpa Bud (who played A LOT of baseball in the backyard in the 100 degree heat, bless their hearts), a new personalized baseball jersey, and a Durham Bulls game Friday night, and you can see what I mean when I say, "Gavin is obsessed with baseball."

Here he is, all ready for his first day at camp. Can you guess how many times I have used the stain stick on and washed his baseball pants? Never mind, I have lost count. But I feel like I am on a TV commercial for laundry detergent every time I wash them.

Not only was he the youngest, but probably the smallest. Especially when standing next to the Bulls players. Not that it bothered my Gav in the least bit.

Here he is at the pitching station. The camp was so well run and they treated those kids so well. What great memories for Gavin!

I mean, how cool is this?? Playing baseball with the Durham Bulls players on the Durham Bulls field?!?!?

Grandma and Grandpa Bud got in on the action. You really don't have much of a choice in our house. If you are awake, you are hearing baseball facts or being begged to pitch.

Here is Gav getting a base hit during scrimmage. His coach that day was the player he had seen pitch the night before for the Bulls when he went to their game. What a neat opportunity!

My little slugger looking fierce in his jersey. . .


No comments: