Wednesday, August 26, 2009

first day of first grade!

I dropped Gavin off yesterday for his first day of first grade! He hopped out of the car and walked in like school had never stopped for the summer. When I picked him up, he reported that he loves first grade, and math was his favorite activity. He also reported that during quiet time, he fell asleep, which I find incredibly ironic, considering that I begged him (quite unsuccessfully) the entire summer to LAY DOWN AND TAKE A SNOOZE.


Today he came home and said that his homework was to share his hopes and dreams for 1st grade. I clarified what this meant by looking up his teacher's blog to find out exactly what he needed to do. I got a good laugh when I realized that she wanted him to choose his biggest goal for first grade to share with his class and put on the bulletin board. Why did I laugh? Because my son told me that his hope for first grade is to stay in first grade forever!
Gotta have goals!

No comments: