Monday, August 3, 2009

Homecoming (OK, a few days after the event)

On Saturday we begged a little (well. . .maybe more than a little. . .) and were sprung from the hospital, a little over 24 hours after Ian's arrival. I am not sure who was more relieved - David or myself. I'll let you figure that one out.

All packed and ready to go! (Don't worry, he wasn't in my bag long. I was concerned the nurse was going to walk in while I was taking this pic and then not let us take him home. . .).

We came home to many happy neighbors and friends. Gavin was proud of the sign he and Alison made. Doesn't Arlo look thrilled?

Merritt was really excited to see ME, which felt good. Thankfully, he was pretty smitten with Ian, too.

While excited to see us, Gavin was especially excited that Ian had brought him a Star Wars Limited Edition Battle of Endor lego set. How did Ian know? [side note - see the ages 9 to 14 on that box? Boy did that gift ever backfire! We had envisioned hours of quiet lego building in our future, NOT hours of helping him build legos!]

Daddy demonstrating his amazing ability to put babies to sleep.

Ian even got the chance to take in his first baseball game with big brother Gavin!

No comments: