Boy did yesterday fly by! I feel like one moment I was awakened by an antsy silhouette at 6:40 am that was saying, "I can't sleep anymore - I am too excited!" and the next breath the 3 boys were in back in bed and I was sitting like a rag doll next to the tree saying,
"Why am I so tired?!"
We truly had a wonderful Christmas. The boys had a blast opening presents - Merritt savored each one and had to be reminded to open another, while Gavin opened at lightning speed and had to be reminded to slow down. Ian laid happily amongst the mess and chaos (which can be said of him on any given day of the year!). David and I enjoyed being with our boys and savoring the blessing of having loud, energetic, hilarious children.
Here is a condensed version of our 2009 Christmas experience. . .
Our Christmas Eve was fairly quiet and calm (except when Ian discovered his voice during the candlelight service. . .). We learned a valuable lesson that you cannot show up to church on time on Christmas Eve. . .but after finding seats we enjoyed the singing and Gavin took his first Communion. We came home, whisked the boys to bed and opened a bottle of wine - the calm before the storm!
And then. . .Christmas morning!
Whoa - Santa came! Merritt came down next and exclaimed, "Oh my!"

Why do toy manufacturers do this to parents?!?!? These toys are more secure in their boxes than our kids are in their car seats!!
Santa spoiled me rotten this year - here is one of my sweet, thoughtful gifts. I cannot wait to cook with it!!
Last year was the 'year of the Lego'. This year, Gavin has played with everything, but keeps coming back to his new circuit set. He enjoyed building circuits that made a fan blow, a doorbell ring, and many other little electrical miracles. So fun! We enjoyed the miracle of 3 boys quietly playing in the playroom for 5 minutes without strife. If not peace on Earth, we at least got a sliver of peace in our house.
Later that morning we celebrated with Brenda and Cheryl (where was my camera?!? I cannot believe I didn't take pictures!). We loved having them here, sharing brunch with them, and exchanging gifts. That evening, we had an impromptu meal of leftovers with John & Alison and family - not fancy but so wonderful!!! The boys ran around and used whatever energy they had left before we whisked them off to bed again. . .
And then we collapsed in the living room. Whew! A Merry Christmas, indeed!




No comments:
Post a Comment