Monday, December 20, 2010

Santa!

This morning, I awoke with determination and a to-do list. Maybe it was because it was the official Day 1 of no school, perhaps it was because poor David was sick last night and I felt the need to RUN RUN RUN away (except I would need to take the kids with me...) or maybe because I thought we were all hosed and destined to get his stomach flu so we might as well get everything done while we can. Pretty sure it was a combination of all three.
Anyways, our BIG adventure on the list was seeing Santa and delivering those letters to him so he knows what to bring. We got to the mall before Santa arrived and scored ourselves 2nd family in line seats and hunkered down for the big wait. Amazingly, my children sat happily and amicably while we waited for 20 minutes (perhaps because they were noshing on Chik-fil-A...?). Santa was awesome. He talked to each of the kids, reminded them to be good, gave them big squeezes, and placed reindeer hats upon each of their heads (and even adjusted the size of the hats for my large-noggined children!). He's pretty great, but we all knew that, right?
I know, Ian doesn't look thrilled, but there really were never tears and he even gave Santa a high-five before we left.
And Santa even granted me an early gift - an entire morning of errand running with polite, pleasant children who helped me with my bags and smiled sweetly as we strolled through the mall.
It was my little Christmas miracle.

No comments: