Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A happy birthday hodge-podge post

A 'Happy Birthday' shout-out to my sis, Brenda! I promised her a blog post, since she is a faithful reader. I have a birthday question for you. Get out your calculator, this one is a doozy.
Question:
What do you get when you mix 6 cubic yards of compost/soil mix
with 3 boys under the age of 8?
Answer:
THIS. . .

(by the way, yes, that is a Carolina tarheel on Merritt's cheek. he went to a birthday party that day and was branded against my will. the horror.)
Actually, these pictures don't do it justice. They were filthy. I literally stripped all 3 of them down when the sun disappeared and carried them into our shower. Our shower is quite huge and has 2 shower heads, which has proven to be incredibly useful. I think there may still be muddy handprints in there.

This could also be an appropriate answer to the question. . .
Filled garden beds!!! (...and a filthy husband, too!)
One bed will be herbs, one will be tomatoes and basil, another greens and other veggies, and lastly, I will have one bed devoted to cut flowers. I buy myself flowers every week (it's a wonderful indulgence), so I am super excited to walk outside and cut my own this summer!

And here is one last little picture of the littlest. With crazy static hair. Couldn't resist.

No comments: