Thursday, March 31, 2011

Our numbers in the house are about to double. No, I am not pregnant with quints (I cannot even see the humor in that). We are having out of state visitors! David's mom, sister, and our 2 nieces and nephew are traveling from MI to hang out and enjoy the sun (?), do some much-missed cousin bonding, and live our crazy life with us for a while. Having 6 kids in the house should be completely fun and wild, and I am trying to make things easy and as prepared as possible before their arrival. I anticipate that meal time may bring about the funniest stories (you think?). To avoid any 'placemat/seating arrangement/which one is my cup?' drama, I did a fun little craft this week for all the kids - personalized placemats and mugs. I got the mug instructions off one of my all-time favorite blogs, design mom (what is it with those mormon moms??? they have more hours in their day, me think). And actually, it WORKED! Very satisfying. Here is a picture of the mugs baking and one of the completed sets.

1 comment:

Robin Ann Apicella said...

I love how the mugs in the oven spell T.M.I. (too much information) I just think that's funny! Great idea by the way, I'm so impressed!!!