Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Beach Break!

The boys and I headed to Emerald Isle to spend 4 days with Brenda and Cheryl on the beach (poor David had to work!). It was so much fun, and as always we miss the ocean already. We kept the boys quite busy traveling to the North Carolina Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores, Fort Macon, and the Maritime Museum in Beaufort, to see the Blackbeard display. When we weren't taking day trips, we hunted for shells on the beach, did lots and lots of art (including shrinky-dink ornaments for our inky-dinky beach house tree!), and watched Christmas movies. I had a hard time narrowing down the pictures for this post!
Cheryl and Gav looking for sharks

 Brenda and the boys trying to touch sting rays


 making 'gingerdead' cookies...gotta toss a little pirate theme into the beachy Christmas vacation

 checking out their treasures


 hopefully not a foreshadow of things to come


 the very reason I refuse to have video games, an ipad or an iphone in my house

 one happy pug



 Brenda helping Ian conquer his sudden fear of the ocean. Whatever she said, it worked.


sand monsters

No comments: