My super hubby was left in charge this weekend, as I went on a girls' weekend / half marathon adventure to Kiawah Island. I had a blast, ran a 1:44:51 (33 seconds away from my PR, grrr), got a relaxing massage, and hung out in a 5 star resort...while David got to run the household for a few days. Part of his daddy duties included attending Merritt's big Camelot party at school. He even remembered to take pictures for me - extra points! The party was quite impressive - the knights, jesters, and princesses all had a feast together after parading through the school, with 5...real?...knights who came to join them. As you can guess, the kids thought it was awesome.
I returned home Sunday and later in the evening discovered the only casualty of the weekend...
Books the Elf.
Instead of getting moved each night while the kids slept, he apparently folded over in the vase he had been perched in before I left on Friday. Not enough oxygen behind that glass? We will never know.
Here is a sampling of the conversation at the dinner table that night...Mom: What happened to the Elf?
Gavin: I don't know. I think he is dead.
Mom: He's not dead! He is just taking the weekend off.
Merritt (giggling): He's dead! He's dead!
Mom: I bet he is just resting.
laughter from around the whole table
And wouldn't you know it, Books the Elf was discovered very much alive, in a different location, this morning. Looks like we all made it through the weekend alive.




1 comment:
The elf clearly has problems. First, the drinking thing, now the disappearing thing. Hmmm ... I think I used to date him, come to think of it. I'd kick him out if I were you.
xofrances
Post a Comment